Monday, October 20, 2008

50th Day of School



Today was our 50th day of school this year. Yippee! The semester is going so well and I wanted to celebrate, but I couldn't really come up with anything creative to do. I gave the children 50 minutes of recess, and then we made caramel apples before dinner. It was a nice day.

I am reminded that it takes so little to make special moments and special memories. The apples were so simple. (Did you know the caramels now come in little bits, like chocolate chips, so you no longer have to peel all those little cubes? Neat!) The children did all the work while I ooh-ed and ahh-ed and smiled. They melted the caramels, dipped their apples, and put them in the refrigerator to chill. They loved having them for dessert tonight. I didn't spend a lot of money or go to a lot of trouble, but I think my children will remember the time together. I certainly will.

Tomorrow is day 51. May it be full of memorable moments and educational opportunities. Most importantly, may I remember to be thankful for these wonderful blessings God has given me, especially when one of them is sitting in my lap getting into everything on my desk as I try to post to my blog, or when they get out of bed 47 times, with 47 excuses, instead of going to sleep! They are my world, 365 days a year.

Blessings,
Bev

No comments: