Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tuna Patties

Tuna Patties

I intended to make salmon patties with dinner last night, but I could not read all of the “use by” date on the can, and Abel was convinced it said 2008. We threw the salmon out and I pondered what I was going to serve with dinner. I decided to try salmon patties made with tuna.

The recipe:

(Amounts are estimates.)

2 small cans tuna
2-3 Tbsp wheat germ
¼ cup cornmeal
¼ cup flour
1 onion, finely chopped
1 egg

Stir it all together. Form 8 small patties and place on a small cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. (I probably would have baked at 375, but they were in the oven with something else that needed 350.)

I am surprised at how good these were. I have always loved salmon patties and this was a close substitute. Yum!

No comments: