Friday, January 9, 2009

Breakfast Burritos

I saw an ad with a recipe for making breakfast burritos with egg beaters. I wanted to try it, but I wanted to use real eggs. Then I decided I wanted to add more vegetables. And I didn't want to buy fresh basil. So I really created my own recipe. Not a single bite was left on the table. (Of course, I doubled this recipe since I feed seven hungry people in the morning!) Let me know if you try this, and if you like it!

Breakfast Burritos
4 servings…all amounts approximate

4 eggs
1 cup frozen hash browns
½ onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, diced
1 handful fresh spinach, chopped
4 whole wheat tortillas
Your favorite shredded cheese
Fresh basil to sprinkle on top, if desired
Salsa, if desired

Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add hash browns and onion. Cook about 9 minutes or until potatoes are brown. Add tomato and spinach to skillet. Combine eggs and pepper, then add to the skillet. Stir to combine, then cook until desired doneness.

Spoon egg mixture onto center of tortilla. Top with salsa, cheese, basil, (whatever topping you like…). Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla and roll up burrito-style.

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Bev

3 comments:

momtofivekids said...

This sounds so yummy! I'll have to try it!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Yummy, do you think I could covince the hubby to make them for me?

Beverly said...

Hey, you are Bonnie the Boss. Isn't your wish everyone's command?

:-)